Wednesday, June 2, 2010

backyard ACID TRIPS

(everything thrifted from head to toe)
vintage pink seersucker bellbottoms, vintage cropped bra top, vintage crochet sweater vest, vintage Tribal fringe duffel purse, patent leather wooden platform Bebe shoes, DIY headwrap, vintage oversized sunnies, vintage necklaces/bangles and Forever21/Buffalo Exchange rings
Lastest obsession: BELLBOTTOMS!!! Denim, seersucker, prints, whatever I want it!! I've had this pair for like FOREVER! It's hands down my favor bells. They may have remakes coming out but it's always BETER IN VINTAGE! ALWAYS!! Every time I wear these bells i feel like Blackahontas or a dirty hippie, which I love! I wish I could wear more cropped tops but only with high waisted bottoms. So I can hide my mom gut. Looks like I was attacked by a bear under there,LOL! I die for my own purse everyday. Every time I look at I go, Wow awesome find, Jess and high five myself in the mirror!! Hahahahaha! Going to do a step-by-step on the DIY headwrap! Just need my friend Brooke to help me. Which is hard right now cause SummerFest is this weekend. To busy figuring out the appropriate outfit since it's an outdoor event. I was thinking an awesome one piece swimsuit and a wide brim hat. It's supposed to be a 100 degrees that day! Less is best. RIGHT? I see the shit they wear at Coachella. Okay maybe a romper. I have at least thousand to choose from. Decisions decisions!!
Anywho can't believe I've been doing this blog for 6 months now and have 500 followers!! I honestly just wanted a place to express my love for vintage. Didn't really expect anyone to care. Now I'm sooooo happy with the outcome and that I have other to share with. Being black and living in Texas people just think you're weird, crazy, off your rocker. I get asked if I worship the devil like daily! Thank satan I leave in an awesome community of other so called "freaks like me!" And when I log on to blogspot, I feel the love! I THANK YOU all for inspiring me to do more with this! I really mean it from the bottom of my vintage heart!!
Peace,love and vintage,
Virgin

20 comments:

Machine Darine said...

Backyard acid trips, we have actually had done that! Remember?! God Jess your little eBay shop has come a loooooong way!! Remember when I made u model all my clothes to sell? Now look at you!! Satan devil worshiper and all, you are a gem! My bff I love you for life!! I fly out in 2 hours! Fingers crossed call ya from the eastcoast!

All my love,
dirty d

Emmekay said...

love the fringe bag, the headband, and all the outfit pieces...
;-D

www.theinfluenceofemmekay.com

Michelle Elaine said...

I'm in love with those pants!! And that's your backyard? Seems pretty wild!

KeepItFvncy,
M.E.

ewe said...

i love everything about these pants - they're high waisted, wide and striped

Jenae said...

Wow..Love the pin-stripe bell bottoms. Amazing. And those sunglasses, I must get a pair of those myself.Love them that much. I hope I get the opportunity to meet you one day in person. I think you would be perfect to be a part of my fashion line I'm working on..Until then..Love your blog to pieces!!

Xoxo

ilovefashion said...

Those trousers man!! I AM LOVIN!!

they really suit you :D

http://fashion-in-pictures.blogspot.com/

tnk. said...

love your hair!


http://therustedroads.blogspot.com

peggy said...

LOVE UR OUTFIT WWW.FASHIONLIFE-PEGGY.BLOGSPOT.COM

Becca Jane said...

Your pants and that hand/glove necklace are amazing!!!

Copious Couture said...

Love those seersucker pants and that hand necklae... so awesome!!!!!


Carissa
http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com

chichichic said...

great pants!

xo

justyna

Rebecca Carrai said...

fucking hippie! love your blog, i follow u
take a look at mine:
www.rebeccacarrai.blogspot.com

Justice Pirate said...

I've always adored bellbottoms. yours take the cake.

DREAMY said...

another great look. love the trousers and the bra.
x

Lindsey said...

I'm totally in love with your pants and purse. such a great find.

xo
Lindsey
stylestomper.blogspot.com

JENNIFER said...

I love when your hair is loose..

I hope it is ok, I used some of your pictures, as an inspiration ..
please check out my new blog, lifetodiscover.blogspot.com

Stacey Kay said...

You're gorgeous and I am in love with your style! You're my new favorite! I'm adding you to my blogroll!

"Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration"
www.goodwillhuntingg.com

Nina said...

You're so cool!

Sleepy Darlings said...

I love your blog! Your style rocks, your not afraid to switch it up as often as possible. I live in LA and see ladies with awesome style every day, but nothin like you. Blackahontas?? love it. im gonna have to use that. You've also inspired me to keep on growing my hair out long...

feel free to check out my blog, i do a lot of illustrations as well as recycling and sewing up vintage that wasn't quite right.

sleepydarlings.blogspot.com

Emily said...

lusting this outfit!! can't wait to see more!!

www.lovelywanderlust.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...