Sunday, March 13, 2011

ADD-ONS

vintage crochet beaded tunic dress, vintage crochet hobo bag with DIY fringe and LuLu's triple wedge ankle boots with DIY studs 
Technically I can't call these DIYs due to they were already awesome and I just added more shit to them. 
The crochet bag idea came to me when I went online searching for the perfect fringe bag only to find them seriously overpriced. So I did what I always do, MAKE IT MYSELF!! Found the bag while thrifting and then went on the hunt for cotton yarn that's the same color and texture. Thank you Wal-Mart! Then tied them along the bottom of the bag. Make the fringe as long as you like. I made mine long enough to where you can still see my shoes. It's super easy and  took me about 30 mins.
The LuLu booties just needed a little extra so I added studs across the front to make it look like a real studded strap. Genius, right?? Can't wait to wear them. They're like over 9 inches tall so I have to workout my shins and calves before putting them on or I'm catching a charley horse! Fashion is pain and I always take one for the team! OUCH!!
Love to love ya but I gotta split! Work and then family shit!
Virgin

20 comments:

calla said...

awesome! i love the bag and the way you customized it to make it your own!

www.SHINYUPSIDEDOWNCROSSES.BLOGSPOT.com

Inside my head and wardrobe said...

i love what youve done with this bag and these wedges !

http://myheadandwardrobe.blogspot.com/

Angie said...

Where did you get the studs from? I have a pair of shoes that are in serious need of face-lift.

Angie said...

Where did you get those fabulous studs for your boots? I have a pair of shoes that are need of a facelift, and think some stud-age would do just the trick.

**OnYxStA** said...

Think I just choked at the sight of those wedge-boots!! Why do I always crave things from your wardrobe? LOL.....j'adore!!!

Xisses, Onyxsta

http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com/

Lisa-Bisa said...

I've always loved crochet and pairing it with those boots give it a hard edge!

www.PhysicalCanvas.com

Stacey Kay said...

Those shoes are so amazing! Loving the whole crochet look right now...

xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
Goodwill Huntingg’s Shopping Guides: Cleveland Free Press
Blogger Spotlight: Pearls and Personality
My Vintage Handbag Line

VintageVirgin said...

Angie:
Where did you get the studs from?

I got them from Spikes and Leather on eBay.

Rachel said...

You always have the most insanely amazing shoes. :o

Candace said...

Definitely needed that special touch. Maybe you should be a shoe designer? Hmmm lol..

( ldvfashionfix.com )

Yasemin said...

your boots are AWESOME

Rosa said...

Hi... great blog, you have a personal style.

www.rosabueso.blgospot.com

Justyna said...

the boots are totally killer.

Aline said...

Hi girl!
I`ve seem so many fashion blogs, but NO ONE as good as yours!
I`m always talking about our blog here, in Brasil.
I`m always showing your pictures...
I tottaly LOVED your choices.
You`re SO stylish!!

Congratulations!!!

Kisses

www.ofabulosovestir.blogspot.com

Van said...

Gorgeous statement finds!

Mary ♥ Mur said...

♥Love your blog♥

Pepper said...

those heels are fooking wowzaa!

Miss M said...

great idea with the fringe bag!!! i may have to cop that.

+Miss M+

adorevintage said...

those shoes are killer. can you really wear those?

Hawi Endale said...

omg i love love the shoes, i just saw them online and i was debating on getting them, but they didnt have them in black, gosh there sooo awesome i cant stop thinking about them....crazy awesome!!!!

http://lunchatbergdorf.blogspot.com/

love your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...