Tuesday, March 1, 2011


Being a stay-at-home Mom for the past 3 years really taught me how to spend on a tight budget. Now that I have a job again I keep forgetting I have paychecks since they're direct deposit. I also spend little money since Joel's our sole provider. So I haven't checked in like 2 months but I did today....and baby, mama bought herself a new pair of shoes!! I'm DYING to tweak them with some studs across the front or add laces. IDK?? I just hope they look cute with a pair of  lace ruffle socks!


Inside my head and wardrobe said...

i was just looking at these yesterday and they really are amazing ! you do right to treat yourself


Shilpi said...




Ofelia said...

WOW! these are so cool! love the extra little wedge boost

Anonymous said...

I love your blog - and it is because you are such a real person. It is so refreshing to see someone who blogs because they love it, and hasn't become all corporate and shit. You say what you want, and don't give a fuck what anyone thinks! yay!

P.S. were you one point a part of the "delightful dozen" blogging clique or whatever it was called?


VintageVirgin said...

Kara: were you one point a part of the "delightful dozen" blogging clique or whatever it was called?

Awwww thank you for speaking the truth! <3 <3 And yes I was part of DD but I've come to realize I'm more of a loner and like to do me. It's hard for me to keep up with what other people are doing. But it was fun at the time and they were all really nice ladies!

Rachel said...

Those are amazingly fantastic! :o

Kara Athena said...

I really appreciate you responding to my comment. Thanks!

Isabel Spectre said...

aaaaawww mah god! those shoes are amazing! and I'm sure whatever you do in them will look amazing :)


Steffy's Pro's and Con's said...

great shoes, although i probably wouldnt be able to walk in them! i just found you on modcloth blogger of the month and i am adding you on blog lovin :)

<3 steffy

Kayla said...

you're a stay at home and you look like THAT?
get it gurl.

also, those are Still a great price even though you're used to thrifting. everyone deserves a splurge every so often.




MusicLuffler said...

Studs all the way! It'll look amazing.

coy colleen said...

you're an inspiration for all fashionista's and stay-at-home mom's with fabulous style

Stacey Kay said...

I always splurge on my shoes, even though I'm an AVID thrifter. GOTTA LOVE THESE!

Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
How to identify a fake Louis Vuitton handbag
My Vintage Handbag Line

Teresa said...

Great shoes! If they weren't out of my size, I would be all over this! Hangout soon? I'm finally out of studying mode!

Nihmen T. said...

These shoes are adorable. I think you have really great style, and your blog is inspiring! Do you mind checking out my blog, I just started it this weekend.


district5 said...

The shoes are awesome! The details like the split heel and the buckles are so cool! Love your blog! I have so much respect of your creativity! Following you!



calla said...

it's great to treat yourself every now and then! do it!


Raven Willow Moon said...

You're just plain awesome ;-)

yamina beyondURclothes said...

Awesome, huge crush !!

xx ♥ yamina.

ak said...

Hi Vintage Virgin!

I hope you enjoy NYC! I love all of your pics and my friend and I wanted to know if you have ever modelled or acted before? Because you look like a model or actress. Trust me this is not a sleazy pick up line and I'm a straight chick! LOL LOL

I think you look great in all of your pics and you've found some really great vintage finds in most of them! Have you ever been to London?

I've lived in both the UK and the US, and I'm in London for now and the shopping is off the hook. I don't mean designer shopping, I mean everyday shopping. Come over here and check it all out. Although, there's always internet shopping! LOL

ak said...

I just love, love, love wedge ankle boots Vintage Virgin my dear!

Have you ever seen the All Saints website?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...