Thursday, January 5, 2012


1. Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
2. Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser
3. Queen Helene Refining Pomegranate & Raspberry Natural Facial Scrub
4. Ambi Fade Cream for Normal Skin
5. Beyond Belief Skin Renewal Deep Cleansing towelettes
6. 100% Cocoa Butter stick
7. Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System and rejuvenating pads

1. Makeup Forever Professionals Duo Mat #216
2. Makeup Forever Professionals HD Foundation # 178
3. Sephora mini makeup bag
4. Tarte blush in Flush
5. Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Flared in Very Black
6. Sally Girl eyeshadow
7. Palladio liquid eyeliner
8. Sephora makeup brushes

Ask and you shall receive, lol! A lot girls have been asking me what do I use, how do I have great skin and what not. At first I was a little embarrassed cause I use really cheap shit you find at the grocery store or the ghetto beauty supply in the hood! You know what I'm talking about?? long as it works!
Hmmm I don't even know where to begin when it comes to my face. First off I've had psoriasis since I was 12 so I have to take care of my skin or else. Psoriasis is dry flaky patches of skin that can appear on the body and face. I have it on my face in my T-zone and scalp. It's irritating as fuck and I have to use prescribed shampoo and creams!
Lucky for me I've had it under control now for many years and seeing me in person you would never know unless I told you. It's all about exfoliating and more exfoliating! My weekly routine consist of Neutrogena's Microdermabrasion system 3 times a week and on alternate day I use the Queen Helene pomegranate scrub and Clean&Clear face wash together. Then every Sunday Queen Helene mint julep face mask, I wear it like all day.
And to keep my skin looking extra milk chocolate I use Ambi fade cream and cocoa butter. This really helps even out my skin tone and keeps me one shade.
So pretty much the secret to my great skin is to scrub a layer of your face off everyday, lol!

Now growing up as a cheerleader, I used to HATE makeup! Like they used to put so much on me and in all the wrong colors too. I was the only dark-skinned girl so they didn't know what to do with me, other than make me look like a complete idiot! So it's taken me awhile to trust it again and plus I don't really need it. Being extra black is AWESOME cause if I have a blemish or irritation of the skin you'll never see. I mostly use makeup in pictures to be honest! Like I will not wear foundation unless I have to...I'm scared shitless of it. I always think of those girls who look like they're melting or wearing the wrong color in general. But I did my research and Makeup Forever HD is the shizzz!! I only have to use a dot of the liquid foundation for full coverage and hardly any powder. And it stays on FOREVER!! It looks so natural that sometimes I forget I'm wearing it!

I've been wearing my eye makeup the same since my teenage pinup goth days so that just consist of black shadow, liquid eyeliner and mascara. Nothing special, lol!
I hope I was helpful even though everyone has different skin types. Always consult with a dermatologist is you have real skin problems and never go to sleep wearing makeup!!

kiss kiss,


Lovely B. said...

You really do take care of your skin! Wow.. No wonder you look amazing as always! :)

Visit my blog! Hope you like the new design!

Ink and Eyeliner said...

For me, having the fairest skin possible in human race..everything shows up! hahah

Sheyla said...

I have the Ambi cream and the Falsies Mascara! :D


Bluefemme said...

I love the fact that you are so humble and honest!! I see that you have the Neutrogena microdermabrasion scrub. I just recently bought me a microdermal machine,and my second choice was the Neugrogena one! If my new machine sucks I will consider buying the one you have! Thanks for sharing! :)

Cortnie Elizabeth said...

I love Makeup Forever! I used to wear MAC foundation and it made me look SO shiny. Super embarrassing. I will never go back and I'm constantly suggesting people try it. Love it.


Roseanne said...

Thanks for the tip.I admire the way you write.Its so entertaining!Thanks hun

Gun Street Girl said...

You're not the first person I've found that loves Queen Helene masks! Works so well for soooo cheap.

Chantelle said...

This was so helpful, I'm definitely keeping an eye out for some of these products, especially the face care products. :)

Yolandaas said...

really interesting! x

Urban Jungle Fashion said...

You do have some of the best skin i have seen in EVER! Thanks for sharing your secret.

Shandrese/Natalia said...

I use the mint julep masque too and it works like a dream :)

Sarah Harradine said...

Oh man, I have psoriasis too. I always think it's so obvious, but when fellow sufferers reveal themselves I'm always surprised!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...