Wednesday, January 30, 2013

MATTE GOLD

vintage gold shimmer sweater, 2020 AVE matte pleather leggings/matte pleather gold studded bustier peplum top, PacSun matte pleather cutout peplum top, vintage wide brim hat, H&M fringe leather bag with customized studs, vintage novelty cowboy boots, vintage bulky gold chain, Nasty Gal pentagon stacked gold bangles/tiny cross knuckle ring, Beginning Boutique gold cutout ring, Romwe gold spike ring and Forever 21 gold arm cuff

What the fringe is up? Sorry I've fallen off the face of the planet, Janet! I've been swamped with shizz I have to do around the house before packing for NYFW and behind the scenes blogger shizz. Everything has to be perfect before I can let my son go through our daily routine without me. I'm dying to see Joel up at 5:30 am, running bath water and feeding the cat who will be meowing in your face the whole time, lol!!

Anywho, another simple but crazy outfit! I love, love, love the studded peplum top but it was a little too short to cover my bum in these leggings so I added a similar top (that I wore backwards) in the same material to create a layering effect. To the untrained eye it easily looks like I bought it that way. So play around with items with cutouts you never know what you'll come up with!

And since I'm wearing all matte I decided to add lots of shine with a shitload of gold...chains, sweater, bags, bangles and rings. If this does scream Janet Jacket meets 90s Versace then you must be deaf, lol!

Love it?

I'll be announcing the winner of the ShoeMint giveaway tomorrow...if time will allow me.

kiss kiss,
Virgin

37 comments:

Lily Erskine said...

Love love love the peplum top! Can't wait to see your NYFW posts x

lilipalooza.blogspot.com

Doni Brown said...

Everything is perfect in this look! I love it!

http://donibrown.com/

Charlotte said...

great look! I especially love your bag!

ordaining serendipity

Andi Cui said...

LOOKING FUCKING GORGEOUS AS ALWAYS!
LOVE LOVE LOVE THE TOP AND THE BOOTIES!
You are awesome!

Andi

http://andicui.blogspot.com.es/

Olivia Law said...

The hat and jacket are perfection xo

Jennifer Alyssa said...

You're beautiful! I love the matte and gold!!

Adelajda said...

amazing outfit!

ashi said...

I'm in love with this outfit and your style!!! pure gold... sop ravishing..uh ok let me stop lol but j'adore ;)

Charmaine Cowland said...

Those boots are amazing!!! x

check out my giveaway!
http://charmainescloset.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/giveaway.html

FREYA said...

I Love your shoes!

HayleyMG said...

Love that outfit! I really want your necklace aswell! Can i have it? lol

Hayley xx
www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

accioabigail said...

This is one of my faovurite outfits of yours! Everything looks amazing and you look beautiful!

http://accioabigail.blogspot.com

seduire said...

That last picture is fucking amazing. That is all.

The Photogramps said...

Shoes like that = wardrobe changers. Love love love them.
xo
ashley
www.thephototgramps.blogspot.com

Sara Nena said...

AGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRESSIVE. LEATHER. like it.

http://7-sevendays.blogspot.it/

Terra said...

You look gorgeous, I really love this one <3!

xx
roaringmytwenties.com

byourway said...

AMAZING BOOTS GIRL!!! LOVE IT AND ALSO YOUR BLOG!!

http://byourway.wordpress.com

amalie said...

SO RAD. and you look so good in that yellow color x

5th Avenue said...

Badass.



http://myfifthavenue.blogspot.com/

bon. said...

those boots matched with the gold and leather. AMAZING!
absolutely love how you tie all your outfits together :) looking forward to your newyork posts!!

battlecriesandchampagne

Oroma Roxella Rukevwe said...

This is lovely, I love the peplum top x

A Blog by Oroma Roxella Rukevwe.

StyleIDnet said...

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! Love your outfit. you look great.... don't have words. adore your top.
xx,** Style Id Net **

Milex said...

Love for a whole life

Ashley Udoh said...

Pretty much obsessed with those cowboy boots. You look fab...as always.
www.ashleyudoh.blogspot.com

jackeline said...

Shoes are to die for!!

missdanbee said...

you look amazing in everything you wear. those boots are incredible.

missdanbee.blogspot.com

Ignorant Awareness said...

I love the double peplum effect that the two tops (layered together) creates! I did a similar thing with a peplum top & 'flippy' skirt the other day- I find this technique works great for concealing the old 'I ate a little too much for lunch' stomach, haha =P

Kirstin Marie said...

I just found your blog, and can I say that you look AMAZING. Wow. I can't get over the awesomeness of this outfit. Everything is perfect, but I especially love your peplum top & fringe bag. xo

Pardon My Fashion said...

This is killing me. It's killing me because it's so amazing. Love thev color combo...90's Versace female assasin of the wild wild west...this is what I'm reading here ;)

Love your style. xoxo
www.PardonMyFashion.com

Anonymous said...

I love the way the orange chair plays off of the black and gold! So unexpected. I have this awesome matte gold nail polish that I die over every time I use it, and it would be perfect for this outfit! The double peplum with the fringey bag and the vintage boots UGH you get it right everytime girl.

xoxox
Katie Cooper

"Guppy" Honaker said...

That's a wonderful outfit Virgin gal. But I have a challenge for you, wear it here in our Phoenix summer!!! (I don't know how people can even wear a motorcycle vest and chaps in our summer heat.)

- David
Aloe Vera Juice

Joana Santos said...

Omg this lokk is so perfect ! Love the colours and all macth perfectly !
kisses ,
Joana Santos

Anonymous said...

This is very fascinating, You are an overly professional blogger.
I have joined your rss feed and look ahead to in search of extra of your excellent post.
Additionally, I have shared your website in my social networks
Also visit my blog ... jeremy scott wing

Romantic Tea - by M. said...

I'm totally in love with this outfit ! This is gorgeous !!

ModaVracha said...

Lovely ensemble!
http://www.modavracha.com

Annel G said...

This outfit SLAYED ME. Ugh, I love your style so much!!

Anonymous said...

Haha, Azealia Banks stole your style.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...