Wet Seal Miami Heat crop tie tee, Wet Seal white cutoff shorts, vintage crochet maxi cardi, vintage southwest concho belt, Wet Seal floral buckle backpack, vintage wide brim hat, Beginning Boutique Ryder boots, vintage multi cross necklace, Nasty Gal silver double cutout rings, Nomad revived men watches bracelets and Wildfox oversized wayfarer sunnies
So I was going to go to Coachella but after experiencing SXSW and all the overly exaggerated product placements I was like, "I'll pass!" I had fun but I was there for the bands not Taco Bell's Doritos tacos, like OMFG there was a building covered in a tarp to look like a giant Doritos bag! And there was plenty of free Monsters to wash it all down with...thanks but I eat adult food. No hate but it was TOTALLY different than what I experienced years ago...a little less music and a lot more sponsored by if you know what I mean?
Lets be honest the only coverage you remember about Coachella last year was the models/celebrities making pit stains in their "hippie" designer duds and the Tupac hologram! Unless you're into music you don't have a fucking clue what happening out in the desert other than what the media shows you. I don't know call me crazy but things have soooo changed, it was cute at first but now you're kinda fucking with me seeing lots of bands, lol! I have nothing against dressing up for festivals but if that's not who you really are then you just look like a complete idiot to be honest, it just seems forced like you're just there for pictures! I saw a photo of a girl in a pastel full length prom dress on Tumblr and almost died of laughter, like WTF, it's hot!! And Chanel Iman in fucking Alexander Wang heels like she's not sinking into the damn ground...I'm done!
Even though I didn't get to go to Coachella, Wet Seal and the lovelies over at Bollare still sent me an awesome backpack of things you need to survive an outdoor festival like baby wipes, chap stick and sunscreen. As over the top as I am I still want to be comfortable so I just had to give you an example of what I would wear.
- You'll need a hat to block you from the sun since you will be outside all day. It will also help you avoid looking crazy in pictures.
- A sleeveless tee will help you stay cooler and less unsightly pit stains. Your goal is to stay dry so if you sweat a lot than less is more.
- Denim shorts are your best friend at outdoor festivals cause you can sit like a dude and you don't have to worry about stains or getting dirty...it's denim. Just make sure they're not too tight cause hours of camel toe is no fun!
- A shawl, kimono, a long cardi or anything light you can take on and off cause you never know what it will be like when the sun goes down or it could be cooler in the shade so come prepared.
- Oversized sunnies so you can go makeup free...you do not need a full face of makeup out there in the sun, sweating unless you want bad skin later.
- Comfortable shoes are everything! You will be walking/standing on grass all day...I recommend your most comfortable pair of boots or anything with insoles. I like my feet covered cause not all puddles are water, it's more than likely piss!
- A backpack to haul all your shit in like your camera, brush, backup sunnies, etc. Plus to carry all the freebies and bulk of unnecessary koozies you'll be receiving, lol!
I haven't given up on festivals just yet and hopefully I'll be attending Summerfest here in Houston, hahahahahahahaha, maybe since it's oddly during the hottest time of the year!! We'll see how many local crap bands are playing first...I refuse to pay over 60 bucks for shitty bands!
If you went to Coachella this year, I want to hear about your experience...I want to go but not really into all the hype.