Friday, April 19, 2013

NO-CHELLA

Wet Seal Miami Heat crop tie tee, Wet Seal white cutoff shorts, vintage crochet maxi cardi, vintage southwest concho belt, Wet Seal floral buckle backpack, vintage wide brim hat, Beginning Boutique Ryder boots, vintage multi cross necklace, Nasty Gal silver double cutout rings, Nomad revived men watches bracelets and Wildfox oversized wayfarer sunnies

 So I was going to go to Coachella but after experiencing SXSW and all the overly exaggerated product placements I was like, "I'll pass!" I had fun but I was there for the bands not Taco Bell's Doritos tacos, like OMFG there was a building covered in a tarp to look like a giant Doritos bag! And there was plenty of free Monsters to wash it all down with...thanks but I eat adult food. No hate but it was TOTALLY different than what I experienced years ago...a little less music and a lot more sponsored by if you know what I mean?
Lets be honest the only coverage you remember about Coachella last year was the models/celebrities making pit stains in their "hippie" designer duds and the Tupac hologram! Unless you're into music you don't have a fucking clue what happening out in the desert other than what the media shows you. I don't know call me crazy but things have soooo changed, it was cute at first but now you're kinda fucking with me seeing lots of bands, lol! I have nothing against dressing up for festivals but if that's not who you really are then you just look like a complete idiot to be honest, it just seems forced like you're just there for pictures! I saw a photo of a girl in a pastel full length prom dress on Tumblr and almost died of laughter, like WTF, it's hot!! And Chanel Iman in fucking Alexander Wang heels like she's not sinking into the damn ground...I'm done!

Even though I didn't get to go to Coachella, Wet Seal and the lovelies over at Bollare still sent me an awesome backpack of things you need to survive an outdoor festival like baby wipes, chap stick and sunscreen. As over the top as I am I still want to be comfortable so I just had to give you an example of what I would wear.
  • You'll need a hat to block you from the sun since you will be outside all day. It will also help you avoid looking crazy in pictures.
  • A sleeveless tee will help you stay cooler and less unsightly pit stains. Your goal is to stay dry so if you sweat a lot than less is more.
  • Denim shorts are your best friend at outdoor festivals cause you can sit like a dude and you don't have to worry about stains or getting dirty...it's denim. Just make sure they're not too tight cause hours of camel toe is no fun!
  • A shawl, kimono, a long cardi or anything light you can take on and off cause you never know what it will be like when the sun goes down or it could be cooler in the shade so come prepared.
  • Oversized sunnies so you can go makeup free...you do not need a full face of makeup out there in the sun, sweating unless you want bad skin later.
  • Comfortable shoes are everything! You will be walking/standing on grass all day...I recommend your most comfortable pair of boots or anything with insoles. I like my feet covered cause not all puddles are water, it's more than likely piss!
  • A backpack to haul all your shit in like your camera, brush, backup sunnies, etc. Plus to carry all the freebies and bulk of unnecessary koozies you'll be receiving, lol! 
I haven't given up on festivals just yet and hopefully I'll be attending Summerfest here in Houston, hahahahahahahaha, maybe since it's oddly during the hottest time of the year!! We'll see how many local crap bands are playing first...I refuse to pay over 60 bucks for shitty bands!

If you went to Coachella this year, I want to hear about your experience...I want to go but not really into all the hype.

kiss kiss,
Virgin

29 comments:

Vic said...

Awesome outfit, totally gets me excited for Summer and summer style!

http://raisingbeauty.blogspot.com/

TheMinx said...

you're so right!! festivals the past few years have totally overstepped the balance of advertising vs. music, most big festivals now seem totally irrelevant and downright yucky in my opinion. where's da music ?? but in other news, I'm loving your new haircut ;)

Liz said...

God Damnit, I love you!! HAHA! I was feeling the same way about Coachella! It was making me sooooo annoyed that I kept reading about what everybody was planning to wear to the festival, but I never read anything about what BANDS!! they were excited to see/hear! Uhhhh....WTF!?

HOLYKATE said...

aww, I like youre style! :)

Emanuela said...

Awesome look, love the vest!!!

Emma
www.fromcitytocity-emm.blogspot.com

Adelajda said...

Amazing!

Pardon My Fashion said...

LOLOLOL. I SOOOO feel ya girl. As a Cali resident it's crazy to see how the festival has changed over the years. It's a big branded social media circle jerk now ;) On another note...these photos are SOOO gorg. YOu kinda make me wanna get bangs...kinda.

xoxo
www.PardonMyFashion.com

Rebekah Smith said...

Love this outfit,perfect for festivals!x

www.silver-electrons.blogspot.com

Olivia Law said...

You look insane! I absolutely love the belt xo

Inès said...

cool outfit! i love your backpack shirt!
xx
Dear Inès

sarah said...

Hi there!

I read your blog consistently but I never comment, so I wanted to chime in in defense of Coachella and tell you not to lose all hope!

I attended weekend 2 of Coachella last year and didn't see any of the annoying things that you see in the press after weekend 1. it might be because it was the second weekend, but I also think it's because those people really keep to the VIP area. A lot of the photos, if you notice, aren't even from Coachella grounds, but are at venues that brands use to put on parties. It's annoying to see on the web when you get home because it isn't what Coachella is about at all, but at least for the most part you don't see it on the field. In fact, I know a lot of bloggers and I'm sure some celebs come only for the parties and then just say they're at Coachella. Sorry, but if you're not on the grounds, you're not there.

Anyway, I still had a ton of fun last year and witnessed amazing music being played. Hope you get to experience Coachella one day!

Amy said...

I need this sunnies! Like them

HayleyMG said...

love what you said about coachella. ive been to festivals in the uk and its not as fashioney! its more about comfort and staying warm and dry. Plus ive heard about girls wearing HEELS to coachella and i was like wtf that is not going to be comfy why wear stuff like that for me festivals are all about the music! Great outfit btw ;)

Hayley xx
www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

Milex said...

pretty amazing

Amy N. said...

I love the maxi cardigan and necklace!!

Ronelle Leisure said...

Your new hair gives me life. That is all.

Ronelle Leisure said...

Your new hair gives me life. That is all.

Terri said...

Hey, great post love!

Please check out my blog and perhaps enter my giveaway where 3 winners will be chosen at
http://terriface01.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/skull-bracelet-giveaway.html

Thanks

http://terriface01.blogspot.co.uk/

Megan Mawhinney said...

Great look! Also love how honest you were about the branding and publicity from Coachella this year. Love your blog girl :) x

Oroma Roxella Rukevwe said...

Agree with everything. Heels in the desert are just pointless.


Personal Style Blog By ORR

Jaclyn Najjar said...

I agree about Coachella.. I had gone so many years in a row .. Until the number of fraternities in attendance reached a level I couldn't handle. Once upon a time it was about the MUSIC, good times with friends, and that super comfy 70's jumper short thing that made comfy cool. Anyone know of some festivals that are still like that?

Ps such a great outfit! Weird to see you looking so simple, but i like.

- Jax

Ivystreetblog.blogspot.com

Ana Iherina said...

I wish I could go to some festivals like Coachella, but I want the to be all about the music!

I love your outfit! The backpack it's simply adorable.
xx

soliloquiaa.blogspot.com

Ria said...

Nailed it. So over the Coachella hype. Just need to get through this weekend. That's what I keep telling myself so my social media feeds can stop being annoying.

CHANEL IMAN...my friend sent me that picture and I was like. O_O BUT WHY THOUGH?! Where did she think she was going. Just so much no on the celebrity front and lots of fools wearing things not appropriate for the desert not to mention the people that think desert equals dessert.

The Pursuit of Closet Happiness said...

So true about all this festival buzz. Love the hat by the way! x

Constance said...

No chella for me either... But if you would have been you would have had one of the best style!:)

http://www.frenchinlosangeles.com/

Charm, Kindred Spirit said...

Love your bag so cute!

Charm Kindred Spirit

Bringing love of vintage fashion, my photography and Diy trinkets to the free spirited at heart.

Mary Wright said...

lol You are so real about Coachella! Btw, love the kimono and bag!

modishmar.blogspot.com xx

Anonymous said...

Hey very cool site!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .
. I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds also厈I am|I'm} happy to find numerous useful info here in the post, we need develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

Take a look at my blog - クロエ バッグ

Reva said...

Hi Miss Virgin!
I had to comment when I saw your sweater. I have the same one and love to wear it with shorts :)
(You are on my blog-roll, though we've never officially "met") :)
I found u via Lookbook? chictopia? anyhoo, I really love your mixes and your thrifties. I am a thrift store JUNKIE...
Great look, great blog!
Reva
revasrags2roses.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...