Thursday, May 16, 2013

TEAM SPIRIT

Topshop varsity jersey with customize plaid back, Zara skinny white jeans, Nasty Gal Shoe Cult Faye platform pumps, vintage B&W stripe clutch with added red strap, vintage wide brim hat, H&M silver chrome arm cuffs, Nasty Gal silver cutout ring, Kontraho metal diamond ring and mirrored aviator sunnies

Holy crap looking at these photos made me realize I really did fuck up my bangs! They're so short they can't lay down, lucky for me they're clip on bangs from Sally. I can never give myself real bangs cause of moments like this, sigh!

So remember later week I said I was going to DIY my Topshop jersey tee? Well at first I was going to go for a colorful print but I stumbled upon this vintage plaid pearl snap that was too small for Joel that lined up perfectly with the tee. Now I know I'm the worst at sharing my DIYs cause I literally just come up with them in my head and just execute them right on the spot, without even thinking to record each step as I'm doing it. When an item is one-of-a-kind it's hard to redo the same thing twice and you know I'm not going to buy another Tophop tee, soooooo yeah here's my step by step!
  •  Buy any oversized jersey tee. It doesn't have to be the exact one I'm wearing.
  • Cut out the back of the jersey along the seams but leave enough fabric to sew it back together. 
  • Now find an oversized tee or shirt that's a similar size to the jersey tee and cut out the back along the seams, also leaving enough fabric to sew together.
  • Remove the sleeves cause you may have to resize them to fit the back shirt.
  • Flip inside out and sew back together.
  • Adjust and sew sleeves back on.
Should be easy and no time at all if you know how to deconstruct a tee and sew. I thought it would be a cute spin on a football jersey, plaid and B&W.

Love it?

kiss kiss,
Virgin

21 comments:

Justalazymorning said...

cuuuute

Adelajda said...

awesome t-shirt and shoes!

ColourMeIn SC said...

Customised Topshop tee? Love! xx

Josephine Cheng said...

The pants and shoes are just awesome!

www.bloomingflame.com

Wieteke said...

This is so pretty, and the diy is really original!!

Olivia Law said...

THis is stunning - I love the shoes so much xo

Charmaine Sylvia said...

Stunning!

Bringing love of vintage fashion, diy trinkets, and recipes to the masses!

www.cheersandcosmos.blogspot.com

Hollies~closet said...

This is such a good idea!! I must admit though I don't mind customising my thrift store finds, the thought of customising my new goodies scares me a little... maybe I should grow a pair!! Great styling as always. Hollie x

Curl and Dress Up said...

I have to try this !!
I love your blog !!

xx Inès

Milex said...

Oh yes.

Oroma Roxella Rukevwe said...

I must admit, I've actually being getting a bit tired of the classic black and white 86 tees everywhere but the way you customized yours is quite refreshing
The best DIY.



Blog by ORR: La-Grunge

Denise said...

nice outfit.i love your shoes and your clutch
http://a-world-of-fashion-and-makeup.blogspot.com/

Jenny Cook said...

This is perfect. So many have this tee so it's great to see someone doing something fresh with it. And as for the look, it's perfectly cohesive, I adore it. I may very well give this D.I.Y. a go myself =]

Anonymous said...

I love you blog ! You give for me so much inspiration!

Ps: How old are u?

Monalisa said...

I love the back of the jersey!

Letitia - The Fashion Editor said...

Ahh Jessica I felt the same but was way to naive to think of doing anything other than just cutting my damn bangs right off. Luckily it worked out. I still love your hair!

Lara Tura said...

WOW!! Loving this outfit and loving your blog! Where have you been all my life?? This is such as edgy style - love it!
www.ahkavintage.com
Join our $150 dress giveaway!

QuickPassTV said...

love this shoot. so amazing!!

Watch Movies Online Free

Sophie said...

awesome idea!! gonna go thrifting for goodies to make my own http://archiveseven.blogspot.

natalie edwards said...

WOW! SO COOL what you have done to that jersey! So many people have it now (including myself) and it gets boring to see it over and over but you have made it looks AMAZING and super individual. Wicked idea.

Love this outfit and the splashes of colour.

Please check out my fashion/beauty blog:

www.nataliejadeblog.blogspot.com


xxxx

CAGECITY said...

We are loving your style and especially those orange heels over here at the CAGECITY office. Would love for you to check out our site sometime http://www.dresscagecity.com/index.php

Much love from the CAGECITY crew!xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...